Think of a time when you tried to persuade someone to agree with you, change their mind, or do something you wanted. What were you trying to persuade them to do or believe? How did you use ethos, pathos, or logos to persuade them? Which appeal was most effective and why?
Prompt response: One time I successfully convinced my dad to let me go to my friend's lake house. I explained to him who was going, who I would be with, how I was getting there, what time I would be home, and more! I used pathos to explain to him that being with my friends was really important to me. I wanted to make fun memories with them and I knew that if I didn´t go I´d feel really left out. However, I also used logos to convince him because I was giving him so much information and spent so much time reasoning with him that I was trustworthy. I think logos was the most effective appeal because I think giving my dad more then enough information made him more comfortable with the idea of me going.
Summary: In class today we watched political ads and discussed if they were pathos, logos, or ethos.
Reflection: I learned how these political ads take clips of politicians to persuade people usings ethos, pathos, and logos. Watching these videos showed me how these political figures sometimes try to make their opposition look bad to prove a point.
Comments
Post a Comment