Describe a time you felt completely lost.

 Prompt response: A time I felt completely lost was when I transferred schools. Learning the halls and class numbers was already difficult, but soon after the first 2-3 weeks of school, I fractured my hip. Since I couldn’t take the stairs, I needed to navigate the elevator. Adjusting to school was already difficult, and dealing with my injury made things even worse. Eventually I had a buddy help me walk to my classes early, and everything was good. 


Summary: Today in class, we discussed and wrote claims of policy for prompts. 


Reflection: Claim of policy can make an argument strong by backing it up. It can also make it more convincing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think about an argument or disagreement that you wish you could have handled differently. What happened, what was your goal, and what would you do differently now? Use at least one idea from Chapters 1–3 of Thank You for Arguing in your response.

Which learning method do you enjoy the most? Class discussions, worksheet work, or hands-on activities. Select one and tell why.

Think of a time when you tried to persuade someone to agree with you, change their mind, or do something you wanted. What were you trying to persuade them to do or believe? How did you use ethos, pathos, or logos to persuade them? Which appeal was most effective and why?