How has living in or around Atlanta influenced the way you see your community, culture, or identity? If you were speaking to someone unfamiliar with Atlanta, what would you want them to understand about your community?

Prompt: Living around Atlanta has influenced the way I see things because it’s shown me how to be proud of who I am as a someone with immigrant parents. I love the fact that Atlanta has so many different cuisine restaurants and I’m always trying new foods. For example, I really love going to H-mart (Korean cuisine). I also know that Atlanta has a strong history, specifically with civil rights movement, which I think is super important. Martin Luther King was born in Atlanta, and his speech still lingers in our culture today. 


Summary: Today in class we talked about identity, context, purpose, rhetorical situation. 


Reflection: Today I realized that when giving a speech to an audience if really matters where the speaker is coming from. It’s important because people take what you talk about for granted if you don’t have a good point.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think about an argument or disagreement that you wish you could have handled differently. What happened, what was your goal, and what would you do differently now? Use at least one idea from Chapters 1–3 of Thank You for Arguing in your response.

Which learning method do you enjoy the most? Class discussions, worksheet work, or hands-on activities. Select one and tell why.

Think of a time when you tried to persuade someone to agree with you, change their mind, or do something you wanted. What were you trying to persuade them to do or believe? How did you use ethos, pathos, or logos to persuade them? Which appeal was most effective and why?