Think about a time when you made a claim or gave an opinion, but someone asked you, “Why?” or “How do you know?” Describe the situation. What evidence did you use to support your point, and why is explaining your evidence just as important as providing it?
Once I told my friend, Grace, that school should start later. I explained to her that students aren’t focused at 7 A.M. in the morning. Teenagers go through many hardships during these years of development and need lots of rest. I explained to her how I have a job and balancing school which is hard. I showed her evidence to support my opinion.
In class today we read a story called Ambush by Tim O’Brien and answered questions.
I learned that when it comes to AP lang time is crucial and I need to learn how to think faster. When making a claim it’s very important that I know how to match it up correctly.
Comments
Post a Comment