Think about a time when you completed an assignment without fully understanding what the teacher was looking for. How might knowing the “ins and outs” of a rubric change the way you approach an assignment? Connect your experience to what you learned today about the AP Lang Argument Essay rubric.


Understanding the rubric would change how I complete an assignment. It would show me exactly what my teacher expects me to include. The rubric also explains how many points each part is worth. Today, I learned that evidence and commentary are very important parts of an AP Lang argument essay. From now on, I will check the rubric before writing so I can earn more points.


Today in class, we reviewed the rubric for the AP Lang argument essay.


I learned what I need to include in an argument essay. I also learned that evidence is worth four out of the six points, so it can greatly affect my exam score.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think about an argument or disagreement that you wish you could have handled differently. What happened, what was your goal, and what would you do differently now? Use at least one idea from Chapters 1–3 of Thank You for Arguing in your response.

Which learning method do you enjoy the most? Class discussions, worksheet work, or hands-on activities. Select one and tell why.

Think of a time when you tried to persuade someone to agree with you, change their mind, or do something you wanted. What were you trying to persuade them to do or believe? How did you use ethos, pathos, or logos to persuade them? Which appeal was most effective and why?