Prompt: Today, you had the opportunity to read your classmates’ writing. What was it like seeing how other people in the class think and express their ideas? What did you notice or find interesting about reading different perspectives and approaches?

P.S. I wasn’t in class today due to being sick but I’ll act as if I was. 


It was very interesting to read my classmates writings. Everybody had different ideas. I noticed that everybody used evidence in different ways. Reading other people’s perspectives helped me to form ideas for myself. I liked seeing how people organized their paragraphs. 


In class we compared our peers writing and analyzed how they did certain things.


This activity taught me that people approach a topic in many different ways. This activity helped me too have ideas to make my explanations better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think about an argument or disagreement that you wish you could have handled differently. What happened, what was your goal, and what would you do differently now? Use at least one idea from Chapters 1–3 of Thank You for Arguing in your response.

Which learning method do you enjoy the most? Class discussions, worksheet work, or hands-on activities. Select one and tell why.

Think of a time when you tried to persuade someone to agree with you, change their mind, or do something you wanted. What were you trying to persuade them to do or believe? How did you use ethos, pathos, or logos to persuade them? Which appeal was most effective and why?