Some students look at a rubric only after receiving their grade, while others use it as a guide while completing the assignment. Which approach do you usually take? After reviewing the AP Lang Argument Essay rubric today, explain how you could use the rubric as a roadmap to improve your argument writing.

I usually complete my assignment first and then check the rubric. After that, I compare my work to the requirements and add anything I missed. The argument essay rubric showed me that I need a thesis, evidence, commentary, and sophistication to earn all six points. I also learned that my evidence and commentary can earn up to four points. Using the rubric this way will help me improve my essays and hopefully earn a higher AP exam score.


Today in class, we learned about the sophistication point and reviewed an AP Lang argument essay prompt.


This week, we reviewed the rubric so we would understand how to earn all six points. We also practiced an old AP Lang prompt by writing a claim and choosing three pieces of evidence.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think about an argument or disagreement that you wish you could have handled differently. What happened, what was your goal, and what would you do differently now? Use at least one idea from Chapters 1–3 of Thank You for Arguing in your response.

Which learning method do you enjoy the most? Class discussions, worksheet work, or hands-on activities. Select one and tell why.

Think of a time when you tried to persuade someone to agree with you, change their mind, or do something you wanted. What were you trying to persuade them to do or believe? How did you use ethos, pathos, or logos to persuade them? Which appeal was most effective and why?